*** Summarize this week’s message from the Pastor’s Sermon Notes. ***
Passage: Luke 2:7-16
1. Describe the place of Jesus birth. Why do you think God chose such humble circumstances for the birth of His Son?
2. How is Jesus’ birthplace symbolic of the hearts of sinners? What about our church buildings?
3. Why was Mary forced to give birth to Jesus in the stable? What does that say about the world’s view of Jesus? Has the world gotten any better in this regard in the last 2,000 years?
4. When the angel appeared to the shepherds in vs 9, it gave no instruction for them to travel to Bethlehem. They made that decision on their own in vs 15. Why didn’t the angel instruct them to go?
5. Application: God didn’t require the stable or manger to be cleaned to receive His Son. In the same way, do your actions show that you are allowing God to work through you, or are you trying to make yourself better first?