Suggested Icebreaker: Where is your favorite vacation spot?
Passage: Luke 4:16-30
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why was it Jesus’ custom to attend synagogue weekly? Why do you suppose the synagogues continued even after the temple was rebuilt?
3. How was Jesus able to pass through the crowd untouched?
4. Why did the Jews choose the Sabbath day to hold their weekly services? Does it matter which day of the week we gather together as a body?
5. Why were the people filled with wrath (even to the point of committing murder) in verse 28? Had Jesus said something untrue or done something wrong?
6. Application: Do people respond any differently to the truth about Jesus today? Why do Christians allow fear of that reaction to stop us from preaching the truth?
7. Application: Why didn’t Jesus simply heal a few blind people in Nazareth to establish His identity? Are you equipped to establish the nature and identity of Jesus Christ by showing the prophecies that He has fulfilled? If not, why not?
8. Application: Why do you come to church? Is it a priority for you, as it was for Jesus?