Passage: Luke 13-32
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why didn’t Jesus immediately reveal His identity to these disciples from Emmaus? What did they reveal about themselves as they spoke?
3. Why did Jesus call these disciples fools? What had they said about Jesus that was foolish or untrue?
4. Of all the disciples wandering the countryside that day, why do you suppose Jesus picked these two to spend so much time with? How might you react if you just realized that you had spent the day with Jesus?
5. Seeing all that Jesus revealed to Cleopas, why haven’t we heard more from him? What do you think may have happened to Cleopas?
6. Why were these two disciples from Emmaus sad? How did simple act of breaking bread cause their eyes to be opened?
7. What caused them to be “slow of heart to believe” when they heard the testimony of the women who had gone to the tomb? Was this a head problem, or a heart problem? What would this signify?
8. Application: Could you reveal Jesus to someone using only the Old Testament? Should Christians be familiar enough with Old Testament prophecy that we would be able to show Christ to someone from there? Why?
9. Reflection: Would Jesus be welcome in your conversations? If He came knocking on your door at 3 am, would you gladly receive Him?