Suggested Icebreaker: What is your favorite Christian movie?
Topic: God’s Not Dead
1. Did you learn something new from this movie? If so, what was it?
2. Have you ever been in a situation where you had to take a stand about something, and no one seemed to agree with you? If so, did you find it easy or difficult to take a stand? How might it have been different if someone had stood beside you to support your position?
Read Acts 26:12-16, and discuss the following:
3. Have you had a defining moment with Jesus? How was it similar/different from Paul’s experience?
4. Have you ever felt compelled to do something specific for God? Did you follow through? What was it?
5. In the movie, Josh’s character has to face the consequences of taking a stand. What were some of those consequences? Do you suppose that there were other consequences that the movie didn’t address?
6. What are the differences between taking a stand among your peers and taking a stand with someone in authority over you?
7. Who do you think you would have the hardest time taking a stand against? (parents, friends, bosses, etc.)
8. Why does God sometimes allow us to be placed in situations that make us very uncomfortable?
9. It’s rather unlikely that Josh was the only Christian in that philosophy class, so why did the others give in and sign the paper? Can you honestly say that you would have done what Josh did and taken a stand for God?