Suggested Icebreaker: What is your favorite holiday food item? (Something you don’t normally eat the rest of the year.)
*** Summarize this week’s message from the Pastor’s Sermon Notes. ***
Passage: John 1:1-14
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Would you say that John the Baptist was a faithful witness for Christ? What about you? Why are so many Christians today so much less faithful than John was?
3. All things were created by Jesus, but why did He do it? Do you think it was worth the trouble?
4. What does it mean in verse 4 when it states that “the life was the light of men.”? Why would someone love darkness more than light?
5. Application: Is the world darker or lighter now than in days past? What holds the church back from shining God’s light more effectively? What can we do about it?