Suggested Icebreaker: Have you ever actually KEPT a New Year’s resolution? If so, what was it?
*** Summarize this week’s message from the Pastor’s Sermon Notes. ***
Passage: Luke 2:40-52
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Were Mary and Joseph negligent in losing track of Jesus? Was Jesus wrong in staying behind when His parents left?
3. Why did Jesus stay behind? Why didn’t He simply tell His parents what He intended to do?
4. Why do you suppose Joseph and Mary assumed that Jesus was with them? Do we ever assume things about Jesus?
5. Why did it take three days for Joseph and Mary to find Jesus?
6. When did Jesus become aware that He was the Son of God?
7. Application: What is the danger of making assumptions about our relationship with God, about His Word, or about God Himself? How do we avoid these dangers?