Suggested Icebreaker: What’s your favorite book of the Bible, and why?
Passage: John 2:12-19
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why did Jesus throw over the tables and drive out the moneychangers? What was wrong with them being there?
3. Why wasn’t Jesus immediately arrested over this act? How do you suppose people would react today to this kind of zeal in God’s house?
4. Why did the Jews respond to Jesus’ actions by asking Jesus for a sign? Why didn’t Jesus give them a sign right then and there?
5. Application: Why did the priests allow this mess into the temple in the first place? What do we allow into our lives that we should not? What ought we do about it?
6. Application: When is the last time you spiritually cleaned house for the Lord? Is it overdue?