Passage: 1 Kings 17:8-16
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why does God sometimes ask us to do things that don’t seem to make sense? Which matters more, our understanding or our obedience?
3. Do you suppose the widow kept this blessing to herself, or did she share it with friends and neighbors? Should we share our blessings with those around us?
4. Why did God allow this widow to be in deep poverty in the first place? Should a lack of material blessings be taken to mean that God doesn’t love us?
5. Do you think this widow kept quiet about her blessing? Do you think the Zidonian Baal worshipers liked hearing about what the God of Israel was doing?
6. Reflection: Do you trust God with your soul? Then why not trust Him with your stuff?