Passage: John 19:19-22
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. What motivated Pilate to put a sign on Jesus’ cross? Why did he write what he did?
3. Do you think Pilate believed the inscription on the sign to be true? Why, or why not?
4. Why doesn’t Pilate seem to be afraid of the priests anymore? Why did he refuse to change what he had written?
5. What do you think ever happened to Pontius Pilate?
6. Application: If there were a sign over your head right now which told the world what sort of person you were, what would it say? Would you change it if you could?
7. Reflection: As Pilate said, “What I have written, I have written.” What are you writing with your life?