Suggested Icebreaker: What’s your favorite song of all time?
Passage: John 3:1-21
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. What do you suppose motivated Nicodemus to speak with Jesus? Why do you think he came to Jesus at night?
3. If you had the opportunity to interview Jesus today, what would you ask?
4. Why didn’t Jesus even acknowledge what Nicodemus had said before He began telling him about being born again? Seeing that he was a ruler in Israel, how might Nicodemus have felt when Jesus began teaching him with authority?
5. Why didn’t Nicodemus understand what Jesus meant about being born again? Why are there still people today that don’t get it?
6. Application: Since children take on some of the characteristics of their parents, how much do you resemble your spiritual Father?
7. Application: Why would God save a person simply for putting their faith in Jesus? Have you put your faith in Jesus? Why or why not?