Passage: Matthew 27:11-26
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Seeing the circumstances he was in, could Pilate have really let Jesus go? Why didn’t he?
3. How was the crowd so easily incited to demand that Jesus be crucified? Had the people already forgotten Jesus’ miracles and triumphant entry into Jerusalem?
4. Why does Pilate try so hard to avoid responsibility for the death of Christ? Did it work?
5. Do you feel “sorry” for Pilate? If so, why or why not?
6. Application: Do we ever choose the expedient option over the right one? What sets us apart from Pilate?
7. Reflection: Pilate was forced to choose between Jesus and his own worldly power as a governor. Are there areas of your own life that you have not yet surrendered to the Lord’s will?