Passage: Matthew 15:1-9, Mark 7:1-13
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why would the world want to nullify portions of God’s Word? Why would the church want to nullify portions of God’s Word?
3. Are there things in Scripture that you admit you wish were not there? Why?
4. What is the difference between rebelling against God’s Word and rebellion against God Himself? Why is it so much easier to spot the rebellion in others than it is to spot it within ourselves?
5. What happens to a Christian when God’s Word is of none effect in their life? What would happen if they yielded themselves fully to God’s Word?
6. What are some traditions that your family recognizes? Why do you keep them?
7. Application: Are you more focused on the externals of your life than on keeping your heart clean? Do you make a point of looking good on the outside at church, but you know there is dirt in your spirit?
8. Reflection: Has the Word of God lost it’s edge in your life? Does it still have the power to convict you and motivate you like it once did?