Passage: Luke 18:9-14
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why does God hate pride? Why does it please Him to exalt the humble?
3. Why is the publican justified in this parable, and not the Pharisee? Why did the Pharisee believe that his own outward righteousness would save him?
4. What is wrong with scorning people who are openly sinners? What does scorn say about the one doing the scorning?
5. Reflection: You are represented by one of the two men in this parable…which one?
6. Application: Do you ever catch yourself condemning/scorning others? How can we remove that judgmental spirit from ourselves?