Suggested Icebreaker: What do you look forward to the most in Heaven?
Passage: Mark 6:30-55
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Only two miracles of Christ are recorded in all four gospel accounts: His resurrection and the feeding of the 5,000, thus showing it’s importance. What other parts of Jesus’ life up to this point are the most meaningful to you, and why? [For example: His birth? Sermon on the Mount? The healing of the demoniac of Gadara? The calming of the storm? The woman at the well? Encounter with Nicodemus? The widow of Nain? Turning water into Wine? Healing of the centurions servant? Healing Jarius’ daughter? The sinful woman anointing Jesus’ feet?]
3. In what situations today might Jesus tell you to “Give ye them to eat,” when you would rather just “send them away?”
4. How might this story have turned out if that little boy had decided not to share his food? Could you blame him if he had decided to eat it himself?
5. Application: Why don’t we see crowds running after Jesus today? What should we be doing about it?
6. Application: Why didn’t the disciples have the compassion that Jesus had on the crowd? Did the disciples ever learn compassion? Does it seem that Christ’s disciples today are filled with compassion?
7. Application: What do the lost need today? What does the church need today? What can you give to Jesus to help them out?