Suggested Icebreaker: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Passage: Matthew 14:22-33
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why did the wind suddenly stop (in verse 32)? Should we expect the storms of life to stop when we’re in the boat with Jesus?
3. Why did it appear as if Jesus “would have passed by them” when He came walking on the water? Why didn’t He pass them by?
4. Have you ever been motivated by another person’s faith? In what way?
5. Peter’s faith moved him out of the boat and onto the water. How has faith moved you in the past to get out of your comfort zone and trust God?
6. How do you suppose Peter made it back to the boat after Jesus caught him? How might this apply to you?
7. Application: Why couldn’t Jesus have simply prayed in the boat? Do you ever set aside time for private prayer?
8. Application: Why aren’t Christians literally walking on water today? Do you think it will be different after we have our glorified bodies?
9. Application: Is there something that the Lord has called you to do and you haven’t yet obeyed Him and done it? What is keeping you in the boat?