Passage: Matthew 19:1-9
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why did the Pharisees question Jesus about marriage and divorce? What might they have hoped to gain?
3. Why does Jesus immediately refer the Pharisees to Scripture? Wouldn’t the Pharisees already have known the Scriptures?
4. Since homosexuality clearly goes against nature, why does the world seem to think it’s such a great thing? Is there a way to show them how wrong they are without being labelled a homophobe or a bigot?
5. Application: How should we treat our gay friends, neighbors, and/or family members?
6. Application: How should we deal with openly gay Christians? How should we react to openly gay pastors/preaching?
7. Reflection: Is the Word of God the standard for right and wrong in your life, or are you letting the world determine what is moral or immoral for you?