Suggested Icebreaker: What was your favorite summer activity as a child?
Passage: Job 5:6-7
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. What do you think Eliphaz means by his comparison of mankind to sparks?
3. How is it that we are born “wrong”? Why don’t people, especially Christians, do more to make life a little easier for each other?
4. Why would God allow a fallen world like ours to exist, even for a moment? What does He get out of it?
5. Application: Why does it sometimes take severe trouble to get people’s attention and turn them towards God? Has God ever used trouble to get your attention?
6. Application: Why does God resort to trouble to conform us to the image of Christ? What might happen if we strove to be more Christ-like even when we’re not in the midst of troubles?