Suggested Icebreaker: What is your all-time favorite hymn?
Passage: Matthew 12:24-37
- What did you learn or take away from this week’s message?
- Is there any conclusive evidence that a person is possessed by a devil today (Mt. 12:22)?
- What made the Pharisees want to slander Jesus to His face while He was doing something good? What are some ways that people still slander Jesus today?
- Why would Christ’s enemies charge Him with being in league with Satan (Mt. 12:24)?
- Why would slandering the Son of Man be forgiven, but slandering the Holy Spirit NOT be forgiven?
- In what ways may a nation, family, or church be divided against itself (Mt. 12:25-26)?
- Who is the strong man in this passage? Is he still bound today?
- How could the “children” (followers) of the Pharisees cast out devils (Mt. 12:27 cf. Acts 19:13)?
- Why can’t there be any “middle ground” when it comes to Jesus Christ (Mt. 12:30)?
- Application: What is the difference between refusing to accept Jesus Christ & the Holy Spirit today, and the blaspheming of the Holy Spirit that Jesus spoke of in Mark 3:28-30?