Suggested Icebreaker: How/where did you hear about Jesus for the first time?
Passage: Luke 7:1-10
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why was this centurion’s faith so much greater than the Jews around Him? Why was the Jews’ faith weak, even when they had seen Christ’s miracles?
3. Do you think familiarity with God’s Word has bred complacency in the church with regard to believing the power of God’s Word? How do we demonstrate that we believe God’s Word has power?
4. What brought this centurion to Jesus in the first place? Why does it seem that people only want to come to Jesus when there is hardship in their life?
5. Application: Do you suppose Jesus has ever marveled at your faith? Do you suppose Jesus has ever marveled at a lack of faith on your part?
6. Application: Is it possible to increase our faith? How do we begin?