Suggested Icebreaker: What is one thing that really blesses you when someone does it in church?
Passage: Luke 5:1-11
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why does God insist on using imperfect human beings to accomplish His will? Why doesn’t He just do it all Himself?
3. Are people today still leaving their professions and their families behind for the sake of following Jesus? Why is this so rare, and so difficult?
4. Why do you suppose Jesus provided such an enormous haul of fish to Peter and his partners? Has God been more/less generous with us?
5. Why did Peter say yes to Jesus’ request to use the boat? Why did Peter (who has now been up all night and well into the day) agree to let down a net?
6. Application: Have you decided to follow Jesus and become a fisher of men? Have you followed that decision up with action?