Suggested Icebreaker: Name one food item that you completely loathe.
Passage: John 4:4-42
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Sadly, most Christians never lead even one soul to Christ. Why is that? How do you think the lost perceive this lack of effort on the part of Christians/the church?
3. Why would Jesus go out of His way to find a sinful Samaritan woman? Have you ever gone out of your way to lead someone to Christ? If not, what is stopping you?
4. Why was this woman coming alone to draw water from the well at noon, anyway (typically women would go to draw water together in the mornings while it was cool)? Does it seem odd that she might have been looked down upon as a sinner by other sinners? Do we do the same thing to the lost around us? Do we to do it even to each other?
5. Application: Why were the disciples surprised that Jesus was talking with this woman instead of supporting Him? How do we get better at supporting & encouraging one another in soul winning instead of holding one another back?
6. Application: Why did she leave her water pot behind? How do we identify the water pots in our lives and leave them behind?