Passage: 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Christ’s death and burial looked “bad” at first to the disciples, but God used it to work good in providing salvation. Can you recall a situation in your life that appeared “bad” but God worked it out for your “good”? Share it.
3. Prophecy aside, nothing prevented Jesus from rising from the dead after only a moment, or from waiting a thousand years. So…why three days? Why not two, or seven?
4. Why didn’t John or Mary come forward to claim the body of Christ?
5. Why was Joseph of Arimathaea so adamant about getting the body of Christ? In the big scheme of things, what difference would it make if Jesus had never been buried?
6. What motivated Nicodemus to bring so much myrrh and aloe? Were they expecting the body of Christ to decay and stink?
7. Application: Did Joseph and Nicodemus have a special calling to prepare for the burial of Jesus? What is your special calling to further Christ’s Kingdom?