Suggested Icebreaker: What is your favorite kind of cookie?
Passage: John 5:1-18
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why did Jesus command this man to carry his bed on the Sabbath? Why were others more concerned about him carrying his bed than they were about his miraculous healing?
3. Why weren’t others helping the sick into the pool? Are we any different today?
4. Why do you suppose the angel only healed the first one into the pool? Why does Jesus take the time to heal this one man?
5. Application: Where can we go to find broken and hurting people today? Are we going, seeking, and helping? If not, why?
6. Application: Do you think that the man Jesus healed became one of His disciples? How many more might become disciples of Jesus today if we would go and help them find healing?