*** Summarize this week’s message from the Pastor’s Sermon Notes. ***
Passage: 2 Samuel 12:1-13
1. What is revealed by David’s reaction to Nathan’s words in verses 5-6? How do we typically respond when our own sins are pointed out?
2. Why do you think the Lord waited so long to deal with David’s sin? Is that a good or a bad thing?
3. Why does God remind David of all the blessings he’s received in verse 8? Why is it so easy to lose sight of our blessings?
4. Why didn’t God allow David to be killed in accordance with the Law? Why then did He bother to punish David at all?
5. Application: It’s likely that in the course of this life we’ll find ourselves in the roles of both David and Nathan. How do we ensure that we behave & respond correctly in each case?