Alternate Icebreaker: describe a “game changing” event in your life? How did it change you or how you live?
Passage: Matthew 27:35-54
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Where were the disciples while Jesus was on the cross?
3. Why were people so eager to mock Jesus while He was on the cross dying? What does it say about a person when they will mock another person’s pain?
4. Knowing that animal sacrifices cannot truly save, why was that the system that God put in place for the Jews? Why didn’t Jesus come and die way back when Adam first sinned?
5. Application: Why didn’t Jesus’ disciples stand up to those mocking Christ on the cross? Should they have taken a stand? Should we take a stand against mockers today?
6. Application: Has the cross made a difference for you? How? What is different in your life because of the cross of Jesus Christ?