Suggested Icebreaker: What is one prayer of yours that God has answered?
Passage: Matthew 6:5-15
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Have you ever stopped to consider that Jesus promises a reward for prayer? Why would God reward His children simply for speaking to Him?
3. What exactly is “vain repetition”? Do you think it is vain repetition to ask God for the same thing many times, perhaps even over the course of many years?
4. Since God already knows our needs, and He is faithful to work all things for our good, why do we still need to pray?
5. Application: What motivates your prayers? What is the right motivation for prayer?