Passage: Matthew 28:18-20
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why does God allow confusion to persist with regard to the various dispensations within His Word? Wouldn’t He get more glory if the church were united in agreement doctrinally?
3. How effectively is the church spreading the gospel here in America today? Why?
4. Why did God choose such an apparently inefficient method to spread the gospel to the world? Is there a better method?
5. What is the guarantee that Jesus gave to us in His last words? How do we know that it is true? Since we know that it is true, why are we still fearful of witnessing to people?
6. The Great Commission told the Apostles to preach the gospel to every creature…but is that the same gospel we are to preach today? What makes the gospel the “power of God unto salvation” (Romans 1:16)? What do we have to do to obey the gospel today?
7. Application: Why is the church shrinking in America today instead of growing? What can we do right where we are to combat this trend?
8. Application: The Great Commission starts with the command to Go. How and what can we do to Go?
9. Application: Since the Great Commission extends globally, how can we encourage and support our missionaries? Do you know who they are?