Passage: John 20:24-29
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why do you think Thomas was absent when the disciples met on the evening of Christ’s resurrection? What are some things Thomas missed due to his absence?
3. Why didn’t Jesus meet with Thomas privately, as He did with Peter? Why did He wait until Thomas was with the other disciples?
4. Since Thomas missed the first meeting of the disciples, why did he show up at the second? What might have happened if Thomas had decided to skip this meeting as well?
5. Application: How can we tell the honest skeptics apart from the dishonest ones? What is the proper response for each?
6. Application: What was it about Jesus that overcame your skepticism? Have you shared this with others?
7. Application: Thomas missed the first Sunday night meeting of the disciples (John 20:24). What excuses do people offer for why they do not attend Sunday night church services? How many of them are really valid reasons?
8. Application: Where/how do your spend your Sunday evenings? Is church a real priority in your life? What blessings do people miss out on when they skip church?