Suggested Icebreaker: Admit it, you could use a hug today. Tell everyone why.
*** Summarize this week’s message from the Pastor’s Sermon Notes. ***
Passage: 1 Kings 3
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. If God invited you to ask for anything like He did Solomon (v. 5), what would you ask for?
3. Reflect on some of God’s great mercies in your life. Have they prompted you to praise Him?
4. What is the “driving force” behind your prayers?
5. Why did God offer to give Solomon whatever He wanted? What was revealed by Solomon’s answer?
6. Compare Solomon’s prayer (v. 9) to David’s prayer (Ps. 51:10). Which do you think is the better prayer and why?
7. Why do you think Solomon abandoned the wisdom God gave him to marry heathen women (11:1-13)?
8. Application: Solomon’s prayer pleased the Lord. How can you be sure your prayers please the Lord?
9. Application: Solomon is remembered for many things, but not all of them honored the Lord. What will you be remembered for, and how well does your life honor the Lord?