Suggested Icebreaker: What blessing are you most thankful for this year?
*** Summarize this week’s message from the Pastor’s Sermon Notes. ***
Passage: Luke 17:11-19
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why do you suppose the other nine did not pause to thank Jesus for their healing? Do you think their leprosy came back to them?
3. What is leprosy a picture of in Scripture? What hope, if any, did these lepers have outside of Jesus Christ?
4. Can an ungrateful spirit be found in the body of Christ today? How can such a spirit exist within the church? How do we drive it out?
5. Application: As individuals, how do we prevent a spirit of ingratitude from taking up residence within us? Why is it important that we do so?
6. Application: What are some of the ways we show our gratitude to the Lord? Can you think of a new way that you could express thanks to the Lord?