Passage: Luke 18:35-43
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why did the people following Jesus try to discourage Bartimaeus from crying out to Jesus? Are Jesus’ followers today still discouraging people from crying out to Jesus?
3. Why did Jesus have to command that the blind man be brought to Him? Could the crowd not perceive his need, or did they simply not care?
4. How do you suppose the blind man knew who Jesus was? How does anyone know who Jesus is?
5. Application: Name some ways we can give the gospel to the spiritually blind. How can we motivate one another to be faithful in spreading the gospel?
6. If Jesus would give sight to this blind man simply for asking, what might He do for us if we asked in faith? What stops us from crying all the more to Jesus?