Passage: Mark 10:17-27
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. The world tells us that wealth is good, but what is it really? How much money would it take to get you to give up Heaven (if such a thing were possible)?
3. Aside from physical comfort, what else might this young man have lost if he had done as Jesus said? What might he have gained?
4. Why does Jesus immediately challenge this man’s perception of Him? What did his lack of perception/understanding ultimately cost him?
5. Why would Jesus love someone when He knows that person will not accept Him? Do we love like Jesus loves? Why not?
6. Application: How can we demonstrate love to those who do not accept us? List at least 5 ways.
7. Application: Is there anything you cannot let go of that is keeping you from being saved (or, if you’re saved, from obeying the Lord in some other area)? What will it take to change your mind?