Passage: John 11
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why were Martha and Mary so worried about their brother’s death? Should they have been worried? Why do we worry?
3. Why didn’t Jesus plainly tell the disciples that Lazarus was already dead (in verse 11)? Is God justified in not telling us everything?
4. Why didn’t the people obey immediately and move the stone away? How do you think this might have made Jesus feel?
5. Application: What do you suppose Lazarus did after he had been rescued from the grave? Has Jesus done any less for you?
6. Application: Are we desperate to get our lost family and friends to Jesus, like Martha and Mary were in this passage? Does it show? Is it any less a matter of life and death?