Passage: Luke 9:23, 57-62
1. What did you learn or takeaway from this week’s message?
2. Why would Jesus tell someone to let the dead bury their dead? How do you think this man most likely responded?
3. Verse 62 seems to indicate that someone could lose their salvation. Is that what Jesus means? Is this true for the church?
4. What was Jesus’ point in saying that He had nowhere to lay His head? Do we allow ourselves to be motivated more by physical comfort than we are by our love for Christ?
5. Application: “Following’ Jesus means going to the places He went. Jesus was often found among the hurting, the hungry, the sick, and the lost. How often would you say you’re following Him to those people/places?
6. Application: Are you truly following Jesus as His disciple, or are you more of a nominal Christian? What motivates you to choose one or the other?