Partial outline: FULL PDF HERE
John 1:1, 14; 1 John 5:7; Ps. 138:2 [God’s name is intertwined with His Word. Disregard of God’s Word is equivalent to disregarding God’s name.]
“The Word” is one of the most profound titles of the Lord Jesus Christ.
A word is composed of letters. Jesus Christ is the “Alpha and Omega.” He is God’s alphabet.
The main difference between the God of the Bible and false gods is our God speaks, whereas the gods of the world are mute.
● If God never spoke there would be no creation.
● If God never spoke there would be no commandments.
● If God never spoke there would be no incarnate Christ.
SEE PDF FOR COMPARISON CHART of the WORD and GOD
I. The FIRST Word (John 1:1, 14)
A. The IDENTIFICATION of the Word. You are known by your words (Mt. 12:37; Eccl. 5:3– “…a fool’s voice is known by multitude of words.”. Likewise God may be known through Christ as “the Word.”
- The INTENTION of the Word. To bring light and life. Remove the Word and you have death and darkness—The Dark Ages.
- The INCARNATION of the Word. Made flesh that man might see Deity in human form.