Men’s Breakfast Devotion – Hebrews 13:8
We are living in a changing world (Daniel 12:4).
- TECHNOLOGICAL changes: Internet; Smart phones; T.V.’s; Computers; DVD’s; BluRays. We used to have three networks on a Black and White TV – now we have 750 channels on a HDTV – showing the same three programs! Vinyl records were replaced with 8 tracks, then came cassettes, then CDs now iPODS!
- MORAL changes: Sodomy is given legal status; Gay marriages; legalized pot.
- FASHION changes: Just look at some of the pictures of yourself years ago! Side burns to here, Bee hives to there, high collars, bell bottoms… you get the picture.
- RELIGIOUS changes: A religion that changes is a false religion.
- EATING HABITS: Even McDonald’s is changing it’s menu.
In this message I want to focus on some things that will never change—
Some UNCHANGING ABSOLUTES.
Of course, we know the Lord Jesus Christ never changes. (#130- “Yesterday Today Forever”)
1. Some things have changed about Him :
- Body (now a glorified body)
- Hunger (no longer suffers hunger)
- Weary (never gets tired or sleeps)
2. No change in His essence (Mal. 3:6).
3. His feelings towards you have not changed.
- He loves you.
- He desires your fellowship.
Here are eight other things that will never change…
I. The DEPENDABILITY of the Word of God (Ps. 119:89; 2 Tim. 3:15-17).
A. In a changing world, we need an anchor to hold us fast so we will not be tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine and passing fad. Thank God we have that anchor (Heb. 6:18-19—“That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie… Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast”).
B. Truth never changes.
C. Every answer you’ll ever need is found within this Book.
II. The DESTRUCTIVE ambition of Satan (Rev. 9:11).
A. He is a destroyer
- The Bible
- The Family
- The Church
- Your influence and testimony
B. He is a deceiver (John 8:44) His lies are still the same.
III. Our DEPENDENCY on God through prayer
Partial sermon: See pdf for full message